Colourful Creations

In between the daily walks along pathways and beachfronts, productivity has still been eventful.

This handful of corsets are ready for grommet setting.

The shirt and arm garters are done.

Finally, an eclectic mix of colour and pattern ready for surprises later. 🤐😉

Other repairs and alterations have been completed.

Now I’m onto some work for a gown that can’t be revealed until much later, I am enjoying this one and can’t wait for it to be completed! It is gorgeous.

Having almost completed some of these tasks as well then it’s back to planning other projects! A few more B-Western outfits and a few more gowns!

Have a good one!

Kat xo

Advertisements

Bluebonnets and Candy Corn

A strange combination but really, they aren’t together, just together for the same wearer!

Petticoat Parker’s new Texas blue bonnet and flags corset, reticule and matching arm garters for Red River Raider.

Getting set for Halloween later in the year, she also has her candy corn ensemble as well.

Fun stuff!

Kat xo

Let’s Go Swimming!

Made from Ageless Patterns 1893 Swimming Costume pattern these cute swimsuits are sure to keep a certain cowgirl cool for Summer shoots.

When Dirty Nerdy gets these it will suit her personality down to the ground.

I’m sure in 1893 the suggested fabrics were blue flannel! A far cry from these whimsical patterns that Dirty Nerdy acquired.

My favourite?! The pin up girls of course followed by the Liberty fabric.

They were fun to do, probably make a couple changes next time I do this pattern but I love them.

Kat xo

Be Seen In Green

Green and cream. Tea dyed lace and broderie anglaise pair well with this green floral of Annie Hicock's.

She has made a shirt for Fast Fingers while I do the matching skirt and corset for her.

For this one I've coordinated a green check to create the skirt trim, the sash and the binding edge's for the corset.

 

It's coming together nicely Annie! Looking forward to seeing you coordinated pair on the range at Land Run!!

Kat xo

 

Neapolitan Dreams

Mmmm some delectable pairings of chocolate, strawberry and vanilla fabrics for Pinky Jo has seen me spend many hours ironing small hems on 30 odd yards of frills.

 

They've gone from flat to fabulous froufrou in a shorter time thank goodness!

 

With these luscious frills now on the skirt, it's on to finishing the top and coordinating floral corset. Needs fluffy petticoats rather than a hoop though.

 

Always looking spectacularly pink, I think you are going to love this one Pinky Jo!

Kat xo

 

1890’s for me!

Yes! I'm doing a gown for me! Yay!

Thanks to Annie Hicock for passing on some check flannel fabric and for an inspiration photo that I found on Pinterest I felt a new 1890's gown would be the go for me.

My inspiration – this sweet little, simple looking skirt and bodice. Now the hat I had already made on a trip to Texas last December?! It just needs the finishing touches of brim trim and a dead bird or feathers as such.

 

Meh, still thinking about that decoration seeing as I didn't get to the shop in Mount Tamborrine that has the most divine hand constructed velvet flowers.

Back to the main construction and I started on the skirt using a Buckaroo Bobbins pattern of the Primrose Skirt. That will work but I didn't want the semi check plaid running straight across. Nothing like making work for myself. (She says rolling her eyes)

The fabric had that much movement in it I was almost tempted to give up and construct something else. Always up for a challenge, I persisted after I got to match the front panel how I wanted. (Now with somewhat gritted teeth)

Eventually I got all the panels around the skirt to match as close as possible and I got to thinking about how much fabric the pattern matching was using up and whether I would have enough for the bodice. I also had some black velvet on the shelf and decided the inverted pleat section in the rear of the skirt would look good using this. It will certainly match in with the use of it for the waistband.

 

With the saving I made using the velvet I had enough of the plaid fabric to definitely play with further pattern matching on the bodice.

It's time to use the old noodle and work out how in the world I can create the look I want with the bodice and the hidden closures required to get in and out of it.

I got that semi worked out, fabric's cut and pieced together in order for it to look like a blouse (shirt waist) and short jacket. So far, so good.

 

For now, I'm on track. I need to do some more deciphering of the inspiration photo and research closures to see if anything matches with the idea in my head.

Brain power required.

Kat xo